My husband usually grills the meat but thought I would take the skillet into my own hands. Very easy and basic. I generally figure 1 pound of meat per meal or 1/4 pound per person. This portion may be a little smaller than normal but also served with fish this evening.
1. Sea salt, crushed black pepper, garlic powder, worcheshire and extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) on the steak ($2.50). Let sit for about 30 min.
2. I used this non stick grilling pan/panini press made by Mario Batali. I coated the grill with olive oil and place it on the stove top on med high. I cooked it 2 min and flipped it 4 times to make the decorative sear marks. Cooked a total of 8 min and it was a little pink inside.
3. Topped with a little butter. Would had done a blue cheese butter if I would had thought of it.
This steak turned out prerfectico!
As a nutritionist, I like to pick out a good steak with a little marbling of fat for flavor but definetly not a rib eye. The key, in my opinion, is pick a good quality steak and serve it in smaller portions. Most americans eat too much meat protein and that can cause your cholesterol to go up. Remember, anything that came from an animal has cholesterol (meat, cheese, eggs etc.). Remember, A serving of meat is the size of a deck of card.
No comments:
Post a Comment